Find a Freelance Writer
Freelance Copywriter | Freelance Journalist
Whether you’re searching for a freelance writer for a single project or a contract writer for a long-term commitment, you’re in the right place.
What can you expect from the Forum’s freelance writers’ database?
The Freelance Forum has one of the largest databases of freelance copywriters, freelance technical writers and freelance journalists in the Southeast. Our writers’ expertise covers all forms of marketing communications including the following:
- Website development
- Website content
- Video scripts
- Print and broadcast advertising
- Corporate and product brochures
- Annual reports
- Direct mail
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Newsletters and e-newsletters
- White papers
- Case studies
- Trade articles
- Press releases
- Executive speeches
- Creative direction
- Project management
How do you choose the freelance writer that best meets your needs?
Here are five criteria to guide you:
- Industry experience: Don’t underestimate the value of industry experience. It represents years of knowledge that allows a freelance writer to hit the ground running. So, look for a contract writer with experience in your field.
- Area of expertise: Everyone has at least one! For branding, look for a freelance copywriter with relevant brand expertise, such as brand positioning or brand strategy development. A website requires a content writer who understands SEO and user experience. For a technical manual or spec sheets, consider a freelance technical writer. For a magazine or a newsletter, a freelance journalist might fit the bill.
- Style: What are you comfortable with and what can you sell within your organization – conservative and factual or edgy and daring? Actually read samples on the writers’ personal websites to find a writer whose style is simpatico with your company’s style and culture.
- Price: Freelance copywriters, freelance technical writers and freelance journalists should be able to give you an estimate for your project up front. Keep in mind that an estimate is different from a firm quote and can be affected by the quality of your input, number of revisions and changes of scope or direction.
- Location: Most Freelance Forum members live in or near Atlanta, Georgia. So, don’t hesitate to ask for a face-to-face meeting. Our contract writers are all used to working virtually, but most will actually work at your location when necessary.
Your next step
With a clear idea of your criteria, browse our freelance writers’ profiles. Then visit their websites and review their work. Once you’ve narrowed your list, contact a few writers to find a good fit. Sometimes it comes down to chemistry. Then go for it!
Click here to go to the Freelance Forum Homepage
© 2016 Freelance Forum, home of Find a Freelancer and the leading freelance network of Atlanta creative freelancers and freelance businesses. All rights reserved.