Adding members can be a bit tricky to do for the first couple times so we have included instructions on how to properly do so. Follow these steps to add a new member and assign them to be able to edit their page as well as add media.
1) To start adding a user go to Users>Add New in the main dashboard menu.
Fill out Username, Email, First name, Last Name, Website, and Password (The user can change their password later by logging in and selecting a new password). Make sure to select “send this password to the new user by email”. Make sure the role set here is “subscriber” this will limit the access the user has to basically nothing. We will add the exception for them to be able to edit their own page and add media in the following steps. Click “Add New User” and go step 2.
2) Once the new user is added, you will go to edit that user to add the ability for the user to add images to the media library. Go to Users>All Users and click “edit” under the user you’ve just added.
On the edit screen, scroll towards the bottom and under “Custom User Permissions” select “Customize This User Directly”.
On the next screen select the following options. Post Type: Media | Role: Author. Once you’ve selected those options, click “Add Role”. A new review selection section will pop up down below. Click “Save Roles”
3) Next you’ll want to give permission to your new user to be able to edit their own member page and nothing else. Go to create a new member page under Members>Add New.
3A) Add either the company title or name of the member you are adding to the “enter title here” field at the top.
3B) Select both the Category and Type. These should both be the same. You can always add new categories or types, but you should take caution not to add too many different categories or types. These boxes are located on the right hand side.***I have disabled members’ ability to reassign & create categories. Make sure to set these for them. If they want to edit these in the future, an admin will have to edit the categories for them***
3C) Finally you’ll want to scroll to the bottom of this new member page screen. Find “Reading Exceptions” and “Editing Exceptions”. Click “Users” under reading exceptions. And then Click “Select Users”. Type in part of the users name and click “Search” Find the new member you created in the search results, select that user, and then click the “Select” button.
Repeat the steps in 3C) for the “Editing Exceptions.”
## Additional things to do on Member page:
1. create a temporary featured image for the new member by altering the .ai file called Placeholder and changing the name to the new member’s name. Export as a jpg. Then on the member page on the right side scroll to Featured Image and upload it there.
Within Halsey Project Options (under ediing box):
2. Under the Project tab: a) Make sure “Album” is chosen for Project Format; b)for Project Features: Title add “phone”, “email” and “website” For Values add the contact info and create hyperlinks for the email and website. Code Example:
3. Under Heading tab: choose “Disabled”
4. Under Breadcrumbs tab: choose “Disabled”
Double check everything and **SAVE THE PAGE. You have two options to save the page. You can publish the page, or you can save draft. Save Draft will allow you to save the page for the member to edit but it won’t publish it for the world to see (on the front end of the site).
***It is probably a good idea once you create a new member (especially your first couple times) to go in and test that you’ve set the member up correctly. If you log out of your admin account and re-login using the new user/pass you just created you should see an familiar dashboard screen but with only certain options available. (Pictured Below) You also may want to double check that you can add media with that user.