The Freelance Forum encourages our members to subscribe to the following professional guidelines to govern our relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers. Our goal is to conduct ourselves in ways that support and promote the highest standards, practices and integrity of the freelance creative professions.
As service providers to those who hire Atlanta freelance creative professionals, we will…
- Treat our clients with honesty, respect and fairness.
- Always act in our clients’ best interest within the limits of our professional obligations and ethical considerations.
- Strive to clearly define the scope of work, financial terms and conditions of all assignments, and to honor all terms and conditions to which we agree.
- Respect the confidentiality of our clients’ proprietary information and other pertinent aspects of those projects assigned to us.
- Avoid conflicts of interest. If we suspect that a conflict exists, we will inform any relevant parties of our concerns, decisions and actions.
- Maintain, to the best of our abilities, acceptable standards of compensation. We will negotiate pricing, but will not encourage speculative work.
- Respect the laws of copyright and trademark infringement as they apply to our work and to that of our clients and colleagues.
As colleagues of other Atlanta freelance creative professionals, we will…
- Treat our colleagues with honesty, respect and fairness.
- Support open and fair competition, while encouraging our members to maintain fair market rates.
- Honor and respect our colleagues’ existing relationships with clients.
- Avoid conflicts of interest between our colleagues and their clients whenever possible.
- Promote our services honestly and fairly and will not demean the work or reputation of any colleague, verbally or in writing.
- Never knowingly plagiarize or copy anyone’s work.
- Treat a colleague who becomes a client according to our client guidelines.
As purchasers from those who supply products and services to freelance creative professionals in Atlanta, we will…
- Treat our suppliers with honesty, respect and fairness.
- Honor our suppliers’ contracts, compensating them fairly and promptly.
- Respect and honor our suppliers’ existing relationships with clients.
- Negotiate with suppliers without violating acceptable standards for their compensation.
- Treat a supplier who becomes a client according to our client guidelines.